Well, I think so. And there's not much going on in my schedule today, other than the usual things.
I'm sitting in my rocking chair that my mom and dad so generously bought for me when our son was born, looking around our fairly clean house.
Well, other than the blanket that's laying at my feet that really should be picked up, folded and put away.
O, and the plastic cups that have been mysteriously showing up, tucked away in dark corners of different rooms; the same cups that I now recall allowing my 3 year-old son to use to play bowling with an oversized plastic softball... He'd line the cups up in my kitchen and then, from across the other side of the room, he'd fling the ball, rolling it down the length of the kitchen and gleefully watch it crash into the stacked cups, every once in a while it would miss the cups completely and hit the newly painted wall, or end up bouncing its way into a bedroom. Or it would sail unreasonably high in the air and end up getting into my dishwater, or knocking over a full cup of water sitting on the table.
Then I see crumbs on the kitchen floor. Yes, those must be swept up. Can't have ants finding them and then having the whole troop of them excitedly scurrying into my house to carry off the bits of food. So the offending crumbs must be taken care of, by all means.
O dear, I see that pile of clean clothes on my rumpled bed. Well, I comfort myself in the fact that they ARE clean, and only need to be folded, arranged in the correct piles, must be walked ALL the way around the house in order to be put in the right rooms, the right shelves or drawers and then put away accordingly.
Which reminds me, I still need to wash the towels that are also sitting in a pile on my bathroom floor. Yes, yes.. must be done today.
O wow, I see that in the midst of happiness being expressed at Daddy coming home or company driving up the lane, hand and face prints were left by small and large hands on the windows and sliding glass doors. That MUST be given attention today.
Hmmm... I see that there are dishes sitting on my counter. Hasty note to self; those have to be washed before I go to work this afternoon..
O, my coffee got cold; I should go reheat it before I lose interest in drinking it at all...
I just vacuumed the living room floor yesterday.. does it really need it again? *sees a piece of popcorn threatening to hide itself under the edge of the couch* sigh.. yes, I suppose that I should vacuum again..
My adorable son just came up to me and asked for a sandwich.. I'll get up and make him one.. he's growing so fast I can't keep him in clothes for long before he grows out of them.. not to mention the fact that I can't keep him fed for long before he's hungry yet again.. I'm pregnant.. he eats more often than me! hahaha...
Well, all that said, I guess I'm not really overwhelmed, I'm just thinking out loud... Now I'm glad that I got up early to have my quiet time. At this rate, I can see how things can get so busy during the day that if one misses having time to themselves and God in the morning, its doubtful that it will happen at all.
And don't think I'm discontent. I love my life.
I just enjoy thinking out loud. Writing out my thoughts. :)
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment