So, its going to take me a while for it. I mean, I'm not accustomed to sharing what I think anymore, despite the fact that my thought process hasn't slowed down a bit. lol. I'm one of those people who enjoys observing. In a crowd, I'd be happy to sit in a corner and watch people. Though when I see another person sitting in a different corner looking a little sad and lost, I can't help myself but to wander over to try to introduce myself and chat just to see if I can't make the unhappy lonely look go away.
I think its pitiful when we stick with the people we know, day in and day out, and leave the lonely ones to whoever may have compassion enough to extend a welcoming hand. I've noticed that the longer we stay in our little circle of friends, the more feeble our excuses get. "I wouldn't know what to say." "I don't think we would have anything in common. I mean, look at her." "I just don't feel like it." Or the classic, "I'm not like that, I'll leave that to someone else." Our little circle of friends are there because someone decided to reach out to you. I think we should be a "big girl or boy" and do the same for someone else.
Besides the fact, it builds character.
Yeah.
When's the last time you heard that phrase, besides your dad? lol. We say we wanna be friendly, or we wanna be more Christlike, but what do you mean by that?
For example, I want to build the character of joyfulness in myself. How does one go about doing that? Its not easy purposing in your heart to take things in a happy manner no matter what they may be; like right now, I have a HUGE pile of laundry that is calling for my attention.. speaking of which, hold that thought...........
......
Ok, I'm back. With 2 pieces of pizza from which my little boy is pulling off the pepperoni and eating them with great joy. lol.
Anyhow, enough of my ramblings for the day. This afternoon I'm going to clean my room, finish up the laundry, teach Micah what happened on day 2 of Creation,make dinner, and otherwise relax. haha. So maybe I'll add a cup of coffee to the mix. Would that make it sound more relaxing? ;)
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment